Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Presston Plush Part I


This is the first entry in the Presston Plush creation blog. Over the next few weeks I will be detailing the numerous steps from concept to finished product with pictures and text.

First step--The Artwork.

As I've mentioned numerous times by now, the LP logo was created by Brian Taylor. My buddy Henry Contreras, aka Loco, a screenprinter and freelance designer here in Fresno, helped me create this colorized version and basic template that will be used for printing and cutting out the pattern.
Above is a rough version of the art from which the silkscreens will be made. The dotted line represents the trim line, and the off-white (which won't actually be printed) is a guide for the sewers. Those two diagonal lines are an anomaly and don't belong there.
Not much comes through from a two-dimensional image, so stay tuned to see the evolution of Presston Plush.
Next step is doing the color separations on the computer. More about that tomorrow.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to seeing Presston plush evolve!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Jetsah said...

Looks great!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home